Re: murphy is listed on spamcop

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 08:56:22PM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> In article <20041125235136.GA28960@wonderland.linux.it>,
> Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> wrote:
> >On Nov 25, Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl> wrote:
> >
> >> Spamcop isn't bad. If you mail them, they will respond. And if
> >> you explain that 146.82.138.6 is a mail forwarder, they will
> >> probably be happy to whitelist it so that it won't ever end up
> >> in the spamcop BL ever again.
> >No, spamcop does not accept whitelisting requests.
>
> Well, smtp1.cistron.nl and smtp2.cistron.nl are whitelisted
> by spamcop, at our request. That was no problem at all.
>
> Mike.

Mike,

Thank you, very much indeed, for this nugget of information.

I get clouds of confusion from google on the subject,
but I'm assuming that spamcop will do this without charge?

Could you possibly liase with the relevant persons to try to
obtain such a listing for murphy?

Can you point us at any resources on how best to approach obtaining
such a listing for other servers? (a HOWTO?)

Again, many thanks!

Regards,
Paddy
--
Perl 6 will give you the big knob. -- Larry Wall