Re: Are mails sent to xxxx <at> buildd.debian.org sent to /dev/null ?

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 01:46:36PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> > It's nice to have one, when it's ready and working, but making a unfinished work in
> > progress mandatory for a release seems pretty wrong to me.
> The reason we've released two d-i "release candidates" is because d-i is
> ready for release.

Yes, in the meanwhile, but the decision of d-i being mandatory for sarge is
somewhat older, isn't it?

> > Yes. Some older machines tend to have small amounts of RAM. Some even has no
> > 32 MB, so testing d-i on those archs seem to be pretty impossible.
> d-i supports installing on machines with 20 mb of ram on i386. Other
> architectures have even smaller requirements.

When I wanted to test it on m68k (where there was need for extra testing)
the memory requirements were way too high for that 12 MB system. So, no
testing possible for d-i, whereas installation with b-f worked.

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/