Re: Do you want XFree86 working out of the box?

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 22:30 +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> Do you want a working XFree86 configuration out of the box, without
> having to answer questions about your hardware?ç

Yes.

> Try to install xdebconfigurator,
> <URL:http://packages.debian.org/xdebconfigurator>, and see if it work
> for you?  To test it, install the package and run
>
>   xdebconfigurator && dexconf
>
> This will replace your current /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file, based on
> the detected hardware.

Thank you, it worked like a charm on a brand new installation on a
forgotten machine I had :-)

This rocks, I will let my friends and neighbors know about
xdebconfigurator ;-)

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@damog.net> | http://www.damog.net/
 If you want to make God laugh, tell him your future plans.