Re: removing in postrm rc*.d symlinks that I did not create

On 16-Dec-04, 19:16 (CST), Nicolas Boullis <nboullis@debian.org> wrote:
> > if the package is removed, the init script should just exit with 0
> > status.  removing the links during purge would also be appropriate.
>
> So you think lintian is wrong to complain?

Lintian is correct to complain: in most cases, it would be a mistake.
But lintian has an override system for a reason: because there are
always special cases.

I, for one, hate packages that think controlling startup via a setting
in /etc/default is good idea; that's what links in /etc/rc*.d are for
(or runlevel.conf, whatever).

Steve
--
Steve Greenland