Re: removing in postrm rc*.d symlinks that I did not create

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 12:34:21AM +0100, Nicolas Boullis wrote:
> But a user felt concerned that, in the future, he may remove the package
> and forget to delete the links. Then I thought I could remove the links
> in postrm on purge, considering they are part of the package's
> configuration (their absence being the default configuration).

if the package is removed, the init script should just exit with 0
status.  removing the links during purge would also be appropriate.

you could also install the links by default, but have some other
variable in /etc/default/$package control whether or not it actually
starts (i think somebody else has mentioned this too).

	sean