Re: Linux Core Consortium

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 12:44:05AM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> In fact I'm using Debian exactly because it doesn't try to apeal ISVs,
> IHVs, OEMs and other business-driven three-letter acronyms.  As soon
> as you ty to please them quality of implementation goes down.

Why?

It took me some time to read all those mails, in particular because some
new threads were created in reply to this one creating a giant thread in
my mutt view. :-)

Anyway, I did not find any mention of Ian asking Debian to lose
anything. His question was if we are interested in participating. So
this certainly does not lower our quality of implementation. Also there
was talk about ADDITONAL packages replacing those base packages that
need to be changed. No one is forced to use them the way I understand
things.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes