Re: amd64: ftp-masters questions

On Sun, 2004-12-12 at 00:05 +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004, Martin Michlmayr - Debian Project Leader wrote:
>
> > My recollection is that all technical concerns were addressed and that
> > the port would go in after the mirror issues will be sorted out (which
> > will happen some point after sarge).
>
> Why after sarge? Nobody knows when sarge will be released.

Exactly.  If Sarge had been released in October or November, that
would be one thing, but no one knows when it will be released.

Thus, IMO, the AMD64 "gcc-3.4" branch should be moved into Sarge.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"The United States is not a nation to which peace is a
necessity."
Grover Cleveland