Re: Processed: Fixed in NMU of tetex-base 2.0.2c-2.1

Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> writes:
>
>> You have not posted anything to this bug,
>> neither a patch nor an intent to NMU. And you won't stop me from
>> uploading these packages this morning.
>>
>> I find this extremely annoying.

[...]
> I find >200 failed package builds on the buildd extremly annoying.

I must admit that I didn't know that failed *removals* of
build-dependencies would cause the buildd to fail. Nobody cared to
indicate that to us.

> I'm sorry the NMU annoyed you but I welcome it. There is nothing worse
> than a package that kills buildds, esspecially such a common one.

I agree. But still LaMont should have expressed his intent to do so, and
send the patch to the BTS. I don't have a problem with being NMUed, but
with NMUs prepared improperly.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster