Re: murphy is listed on spamcop

paddy <paddy@panici.net> writes:
> In which case, is there something fundamentally broken about the spamcop
> system ?  Or is there some technically insoluble problem here ?

It seems to be more that they just don't really give a crap:

  (1) they trust users, (2) users are stupid, and (3) there's no apparent
  attempt to compensate for (2), despite a long history of problems.

It's clearly a very bad idea to use their blacklist for anything except
a vague hint, but many ISPs _do_ use it as a hard blacklist.  I've had
experiences where complaining to the ISP just resulted in replies like
"Ha ha ha!  You suck!  I won't change!" so it would be really nice if
spamcop themselves could be a bit more responsible.

-Miles
--
Freedom's just another word, for nothing left to lose   --Janis Joplin