Re: menu-method for .desktop files?

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 03:54:12PM +0000, Peter Collingbourne wrote:
> Hi
>
> I notice discussion on bug #241554 regarding a menu-method for .desktop
> files used by KDM/GDM for window manager sessions.  Has any progress been
> made on this?  If not I would like to volunteer for it.  I definitely
> think it would be a useful thing to have, considering the majority of
> window managers still do not provide .desktop files.

Hello,
I have written the menu method, but I did not test it.

Please find it here: <http://people.debian.org/~ballombe/xsessions>

You will need to change
rootprefix = "/var/lib/xsessions";
rootprefix = "/usr/share/xsessions";

until display manager are able to read /var/lib/xsessions.

Cheers,
--
Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>

Imagine a large red swirl here.