Re: Debian's status as a legal entity and how it could effect a potential defense.

On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 11:42:15PM -0800, Bruce Perens <bruce@perens.com> wrote:
> Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>
> >But it seems that now you're telling me that you know better than the
> >mirror operators which packages will violate their internal policies.
> >

> Certainly a good guess is better than nothing. Upon such a list it would
> be possible to err on the side of caution and allow them to decide what
> /not /to reject.

What happens if they change their policy ? What if it gets even stricter
? Do we have to delete packages because they're acting crazy ?
If a mirror hoster has stupid policies, why just don't change mirror
hoster ? We can't be guarantor that every entity that mirrors debian
(and there are a lot more than the official mirrors) are strictly
following their local policies, especially dumb ones.

Mike