Re: Debian's status as a legal entity and how it could effect a potential defense.

On Mon, 2004-12-06 at 02:04 -0500, Kevin Mark wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 12:24:19AM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:

> > > Keep in mind that Debian is not the U in question; Debian has no
> > > obligation to conform to some U's self-censorship policies.
> >
> > That's true.  Debian doesn't *have* to be mirrored *anywhere*.
> >
> Hi all.
> if someone in $VERY_RESTRICTED_COUNTRY downloads it from $FREE_COUNTRY,
> is debian still liable?

Don't think so.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"In America, only the successful writer is important, in France
all writers are important, in England no writer is important, and
in Australia you have to explain what a writer is."
Geoffrey Cottrell