Re: Debian's status as a legal entity and how it could effect a potential defense.

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 01:11:10AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
> 	Seems more like there is a more of a minority of uber right
>  wingers trying to batten down art that offends their sensibility. The
>  actual project members seem to be more or less taking the sensible
>  approach, in that this is a mountain being made out of a small
>  molehill.
>
> 	And if you have done the legal homework to prove that the
>  package is illegal, please do presernt it. In the meanwhile, I'll
>  continue to trust my gut that  it is innocent, until proven guilty.

I'd go further and say that if we don't allow hot-babe in while it is
*unproven* to be illegal, then we should remove all the patented stuff
that are unproven to be enforced, and the stuff that is said patented
with unproven patent claims.

Now we're back to 42 packages and no kernel, i think we can release
sarge in 2 hours.

Mike