Re: Debian's status as a legal entity and how it could effect a potential defense.

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 21:37:41 -0800, Bruce Perens <bruce@perens.com> said:

> Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

>>> It strikes me that some of the material in question would be in
>>> violation of the Internet policies of most institutions or
>>> companies that host our mirrors, as well as the applicable
>>> national laws.
>>>

>> Can you please provide some concrete evidence of this claim, or
>> else stop making it?
>>

> This one's from GWU:

>    8. Obscenity and Harassment: GW computing systems and services
>       may
>    not be used in an obscene, harassing or otherwise improper
>    manner.  GW computing systems and services shall not be used in a
>    manner that discriminates against another individual on any basis
>    protected by federal or local law. This provision explicitly
>    prohibits any behavior that is intended to or has the effect of
>    creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment
>    because of an individual's sex, race, color, religion, national
>    origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability, or other
>    factors protected by law.

	Seems like if the person being offended has the sole
 discretion about what is offensive, trhewn hell, we might as well
 hang up our keyboards and go home, cause anyone can be offended by
 anything.

	manoj

--
The fact that 47 PEOPLE are yelling and sweat is cascading down my
SPINAL COLUMN is fairly enjoyable!!