Re: Debian's status as a legal entity and how it could effect a potential defense.

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 22:33 -0800, Bruce Perens wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
>
> >That's true.  Debian doesn't *have* to be mirrored *anywhere*.
> >

> I have not so far seen what you are going to tell the mirror operators
> so that they know what packages to reject. Surely you can not believe
> that they are all responsible to dig this information up on their own.
> That would be very unsympathetic toward the role of people who do the
> project a lot of good.

You are right.  So, some manager would decree that Debian stop
being mirrored.  And, because other distros may also have the
same package, they'd all be removed, as well.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

After listening to many White House, Pentagon & CENTCOM briefings
in both Gulf Wars, it is my firm belief that most "senior
correspondents" either have serious agendas that don't get shaken
by facts, or are dumb as dog feces.