Re: Debian's status as a legal entity and how it could effect a potential defense.

Anibal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@computer.org> writes:

> For one, the Australian laws prohibite any web site in Australia to host
> pornographic material.
>
> See http://www.efa.org.au/Issues/Censor/cens1.html

Do we have evidence--actual evidence--that this provision applies to
cartoons?  Keep in mind that the images in question are *not*
photographs.

Bruce's claim is that it would be in violation of the "applicable
national laws".  We do not know how the Australian censorship regime
applies to material like this, and if we do not know, we cannot assume
that it must cover it.

So I await actual reasoned legal opinions, from people with actual
legal expertise in the country or countries concerned.

Thomas