Re: Legal budget and Director-and-officer insurance related to packages with "adult" themes

Bruce Perens <bruce@perens.com> writes:

> That is not the case for packages with questionable images and
> dialogue. I'm not volunteering, and neither are the people who gave me
> money. You or Manoj or other people who care about the issue should
> take a turn. And Debian should fund the necessary legal research into
> the problem until such a date as you can find donors.

You do not have to volunteer.  If you cannot, or will not, or do not
want to get legal advice, then you do not have to.  But you can't
expect the rest of the Project to wait for legal advice on the grounds
that you think we should have some, and won't get it.