Re: Simultaneous loading of e100 and eepro100 by hotplug

> > Apart from the issue Jerome mentions where some older hardware isn't
> > supported by e100 but is supported by eepr100, what if new kernels didn't
> > build/provide eepro100 and instead eepro100 was aliased to e100, or do
> > they have incompatible parameters?
>
> I am quite confortable with not including the eepro100 driver
> as it is being debricated upstream.

What if the PCI ID associations in the kernel for eepro100 and e100 were
changed so that a card is only associated with the module it works (best)
with? The only issue I see with this approach is collecting the necesary
data...

*/ Christoffer Sawicki <qerub@home.se>