Re: the Recommends control field (was: dselect survey)

* Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org) [041125 18:45]:
> Thaddeus H. Black wrote:
> > The trouble is, if each binary Depended on the other, then at
> > installation time which one would be configured first?  Each binary
> > package would demand that the other be configured first.

> Dependency loops are supported by dpkg, apt, et al.

Yes, by breaking one of them up. I think it would be nice to get either
rid of that, or say plainly in policy that if one really needs the other
app configured in postinst, one should use pre-depends (and of course,
to add a check to britney for testing propagation).

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/