Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:51:20 +1100
To: gnumed-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: URGENT - hherb.com hacked

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 04:54, Andreas Tille wrote:
If you are interested I could propagate this to Debian people who have
some experiences with intrusion detection.  This case is also interesting
for Debian because I think hherb.com was running Sarge more or less and
thus the case might be relevant for Sarge release.

That would be great.
After moving everything to the new server, I am happy to grant root access for
anybody wanting to analyze for a week or so before we switch that server off.
(I have already secured a full tarball of the system the day after the
rootkit was probably installed for forensics)

Horst