Re: sarge security (was: Re: Release update: please upload to unstable; toolchain; buildds; ...)

On Saturday 13 November 2004 14.53, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> > On Tuesday 09 November 2004 23.44, Colin Watson wrote:
> > >   N+0 days
> > >   Official security support for sarge begins
> >
> > Will the start of official security support for sarge be announced
> > widely, to get as much testing as possible? (Like: general
> > debian-announce, press contacts, ...)
>
> No.  Why should it?  The new release of Debian will be widely announce.
>
> How do you want to test official security support?  Suddenly discover
> loads of vulnerabilities?

No, I think people could switch to sarge, which would get us many beta
testers of sarge, and beta-testers of the woody->sarge upgrade path.

OTOH this might cause the release to be delayed *eg*

-- vbi

--
Oops