Re: Introducing pmount in Debian / New plugdev group

> The removable.sh shell script (pasted below) returns whether a device
> is actually removable by looking at the "removable" sysfs attribute.
> However, this attribute was introduced in the kernel not before 2.6.8.
> This is okay for Ubuntu since it ships with 2.6.8.1, and since even
> Sarge ships with 2.6.8.1 (at some architectures at least), Etch will
> certainly use 2.6.8+ as standard kernel. BTW, I do not want to force
> this solution into Sarge, it is too late in the release cycle for such
> changes (pmount has an RC bug to prevent Sarge migration).

AFAIK, Sarge is going to be released with 2.6.8.1

I think keeping pmount out of sarge is a bad idea. As long as pmount works
(it it is *released* with ubuntu, probably it does), and may be useful at
least from command line, why keep it out?

And if, for whatever reason, sarge will not be released for some more time,
maybe some software that will use pmount will also migrate to sarge.