Re: Drop testing

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 02:47:49PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> I have a simple question for you: have you actually talked to those
> currently managing our releases before drafting this GR?

For comparison, when drafting the proposal for package pools and testing,
the folks actually managing the release and the archive didn't really
get involved or contribute 'til after a proposal was drawn up, to the
best of my recollection. OTOH, they did get cc'ed on the discussion,
and their advice was actively sought out.

The benefit of conducting Debian as openly as possible is that you don't
have to get particular people's advice to come up with good solutions --
you can just troll through the archives for all the data you need.

Cheers,
aj

Don't assume I speak for anyone but myself. GPG signed mail preferred.

``[S]exual orgies eliminate social tensions and ought to be encouraged.''
      -- US Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia (http://tinyurl.com/3kwod)