Re: Ubuntu discussion at planet.debian.org

jh> Martin Schulze wrote:
>> Logbooks are suited for a lot, but not for discussions.  They're more
>> suited for experiences, statements and the like.
>>
>> I'm thankful you're taking the discussion to this list, where probably
>> more people will be able participate as well.

jh> Indeed..

>> However, if unstable would be frozen at the same time, would
>> development stop?  Probably not.  I'm pretty sure that several would
>> start with separate repositories and the like to make more recent
>> versions of the software available which they maintain.

jh> When we used to freeze unstable before a release, one of the problems
jh> was that many updates were blocked by that, and once the freeze was
jh> over, unstable tended to become _very_ unstable, and took months to get
jh> back into shape.

Sure but not we have the experimental distribution to deal with it
while we are stabilizing the unstable and testing distribution. The
current problem is experimental is not a full distribution and doesn't
have buildd systems.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116