Re: Xsession doesn't use umask setting from /etc/login.defs

On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 12:06:36PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> environment variables, at least, are trivial to accomplish using the
> pam_env module.  Properly setting a umask would call for something else
> yet.

Would pam_umask.so be a worthwhile exercise for some enterprising person?

I somehow suspect that umasks predate environment variables in the misty
early history of Unix, else the umask would've been made one.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       The Bible is probably the most
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       genocidal book ever written.