Re: ITP: cddb.bundle -- CDDB Bundle for GNUstep

Tilo Schwarz <list@tilo-schwarz.de> wrote:

> On Monday 04 October 2004 20:23, Frank Küster wrote:
>>
>> I must have missed this thread... What is ".bundle" meant to
>> indicate?
>
> On NeXT-Step systems the ".bundle" suffix of a directory indicates a
> dynamically linkable module (basically like a shared lib).

Is Debian a NeXT-Step system? I guess not. Does ".bundle" have any
meaning to our *users*? I guess no.

It doesn't really matter whether you can teach the readers of ITP's on
debian-devel what ".bundle" means. The question is whether we serve our
users with what I would call a "cryptic name" for at least 90% of them.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich