Re: possible mass bug filing: spamassassin 3

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 10:51:46PM +0200, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo wrote:
>  But the problem is that spamassassin 2 works in usual people MX systems
> (which usually is your older desktop) while SA3 has a big problem in
> that machines, making it unusable.
>
>  And, BTW, since version 2.64 we have:
>
>     - Rules backported from 3.0.0
>
>  So though SA3 can make other things better (bayesian and so), SA2 is
> not so obsolete, and basically *works* in machines in which SA3 won't.

I'm not really sure what you mean by rules backported from
3.0.0. Unfortunately, rules are fairly linked to releases.

> (And my "home server" is a AMD K6-II 450, with 192MB RAM, not bad for my
> own amount of daily mail)

Perhaps you simply need to tune the -m option. Spamassassin has
switched to a preforking model (similar to apache) rather than a
spawning option, so the number specified by -m should be decreased.

--
Duncan Findlay