Re: possible mass bug filing: spamassassin 3

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 11:52:04AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Spamassassin 3 is finally in unstable. Thanks to Duncan (and
> possibly others involved)!

Well, I'm not at all convinced this is so good. Didn't the RMs say
something about 'no major new upstream releases', in order to be able to
ship sarge this year?

In addition to the enormous amount of reports of sa3 taken down systems,
or causing mail loss, by people who I regard as pretty clueful[1], I
think it's pretty obvious it would be a very bad move to let sa3 into
sarge. sa3 is IMNSHO a sarge+1, aka etch project.

--Jeroen

[1] Tollef Fog Heen and Manoj Srivastava come to mind

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl