Re: Frank Carmickle and Marco Paganini must die

On Thursday 23 September 2004 09:16, Adam McKenna wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 10:26:49PM -0700, Erik Steffl wrote:
> >   you're so unreasonable I don't even know where to start but here are
> > the most obvious problems in your recent emails:
>
> I would characterize my posts as overly hopeful, but not unreasonable.  If
> you really think I'm being unreasonable, spend a few years working with
> Linux (especially Debian) in the enterprise software world and see if you
> still feel the same way.

 You have Debian Project and its CDD [1] addressing custom cases like DE [2]
which targets the enterprise in a Debian way. They work wholly within the
aegis of the Debian Social Contract.
 On the other hand you have redhat.com (RHEL), suse.com (SLES)...
whatever.com.
 You can not expect these things to be (or behave) the same way from user's
point of view. Thanks God one could choose to go for his favorite Maker
(organization or company) and its Product.

Now, what do you want to change in this Universe ? Let me guess: ... it is not
a DD or RH or SuSE development teams' fault if you are unreachible because of
choosing not broken-minded (in your eyes) gate to the internet.

--cut--

> Debian has been losing popularity, mostly due to it being out of date.  But
> part of the reason people are leaving Debian (both developers and users) is
> the attitude of some developers.  Look at DJB if you want an example of
> what I'm talking about.  The guy is obviously one of the most talented
> programmers on the face of the earth but a lot of people won't use his
> software because they don't like his personality.  I don't want Debian to
> become the DJB of Linux distros.  (By the way, please nobody drag DJB
> copyright/licensing issues into this discussion.  I am not talking about
> licensing.)

Wait a sec... DJB's source code is also an example of howto-not-code-in-c used
by some university teachers in their code demonstrations to the classes. Your
comparation is inrelevant here.

[1] http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?CustomDebian
[2] http://www.debian-enterprise.org/

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB  2003-03-18  <keyserver.bu.edu ; pgp.mit.edu>
fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB