Re: Testing netapplet

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 00:04:17 +0100, Matthew Garrett <mgarrett@chiark.greenend.org.uk> said:

> There's no clearly defined way of expressing who enacts policy over
> /etc/network/interfaces at present. Until that's fixed, expecting
> other applications to deal with it is utterly insane.

	I don't give a shit if there is a defined policy for the
 interfaces file. There is a well defined policy that says you do not
 lose user defined data in configuration files -- and that files under
 /etc are configuration files.

	Any thing that loses user data is gravely buggy.

	manoj
--
A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe
in God.