Re: PROPOSAL - REFORMULATED - Create alternative Packages files for each section

mk> Am 2004-08-26 23:27:10, schrieb Otavio Salvador:
>> Other possibility and better, IMHO, is provide alternative Packages
>> files but at first time all will be get and then only which had
>> changes.

mk> As I have written in an other messages before...

mk> Better is, to make a TWO-Weekly Packages(.gz)
mk> and then the next 13 days a daily patch...

mk> But I think, Spliting up the Packages(.gz) is
mk> only interesting for TESTING and UNSTABLE and
mk> maybe security.d.o

>> This can solve the dependencies problems and the processing time can
>> be smaller since you can process only the changed packages file.
>>
>> What all thinks about?

mk> And what do you think about my idea ?

Will reduze a lot the download time but the processing time will not
change. A split file with affected packages only is better since we
can manage apt-cache to update only this.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116