Re: kdelibs in sid depends libjack0.80.0-0 which depends jackd; see 248665

Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:

> No kidding.  I don't see much point for KDE to have anything to do with
> arts.  If you want to play more than one sound at once, spend $10 and
> get a sound card worthy of being called such, like a SBLive and not some
> total piece of shit like pretty much anything involving ac97.

It's non-trivial to add a new sound card to a laptop (no, stuff like the
Extigy does not count). An SBLive does not provide you with
network-transparent audio.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org