Re: Advice with uncooperative maintainers

> On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 02:50:20AM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
>> I'm seeking advice on dealing with uncooperative maintainers.
>
> It takes two to cooperate.
>
> What appears to be missing in this instance is any possibility
> of help from you in satisfying Ryan's goals; meanwhile calling Ryan

And we all have to get out our crystal balls and look what Ryans
mystical goals are?

> "uncooperative" on -devel and doing BSD specific NMUs when Debian's trying
> to freeze are both likely to actively work against Ryan's interests. Is it
> really unclear why you don't have an idyllically cooperative relationship
> with him?

So the fact that he did an NMU later is the reason for not getting
cooperation earlier. Great argument. You seem to do this a lot,
blameing the results for the cause.

>> What am I supposed to do on this?  Bring the issue to the technical committe?
>> Speak with the DPL? (As the tech ctte documentation suggests). I'll appreciate
>> any constructive feedback on this.

The procedure is documented so follow it (if other more social means
have been exhausted).

> It sounds more like you're looking for an alternative way of getting
> what you want that doesn't require you to cooperate with Ryan. I don't
> actually think that's an entirely unreasonable thing to want, but it
> has different answers to the question you asked.

And the answere would be?

> Cheers,
> aj

MfG