Re: sbuild package

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 11:48:14AM +0300, George Danchev wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 August 2004 00:35, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> --cut--
> > Well, basically it's what I did with that crap. Maintaining in two
> > different places (sbuild and debootstrap) the list of base and
> > build-essential packages is at least stupid.
> > Michael Banck proposed to startup an alioth project for sbuild
> > maintainership. I'd prefer to enlarge the maintainership
> > to the whole buildd chain (aka wanna-build) which should become
> > surely a standard package, not a woodoo macumba as it is currently.
>
> Right, the wanna-build src package from cvs.linux-m68k.org must be
> group-maintained at alioth.

FYI I requested the creation of buildd-tools on alioth.

> It still has no Build-Depends line in its control
> file and still strictly build-depends by old packages like python1.5 from
> stable. Also the sbuild deb produced by this src package contains the tool of
> 'andrea' whereas the sbuild 0.30 from unstable doesn't contain the andrea
> tool. I think that if we want two sbuild packages for some reason (which
> reminds me about dinstall and mini-dinstall), then the sbuild 0.30 package
> from unstable must be renamed as mini-sbuild or sbuild-lite or similar,
> otherwise the sbuild 0.30 in the unstable archive must be replaced by sbuild
> from wanna-build src package (I'm not sure why it can not be a drop-in
> replacement :-/). That wanna-build src package must produces the following
> debs: wanna-build, buildd, sbuild, andrea (currently bundled within the
> sbuild deb), quinn-diff, rbuild, and wanna-build-doc (upstreamed by
> http://m68k.debian.org/buildd/abstract/node2.html). It would be nice if this
> wanna-build thingie uses extensively debconf to ask for configurations. Hm,
> where to find sources and docs for the dinstall (not mini-dinstall) program?
> All these are after Sarge works of cource.

Yep, sid/sarge sbuild is for personal use essentially and could be dropped
in favour of pbuilder IMHO. The possibility of using uml-pbuilder or pbuilder
instead of sbuild in wanna-build world could also be explored.
And yes, it's a post-sarge goal...

--
Francesco P. Lovergine