Re: Bits from the WNPP: RFH tag

On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 07:57:13PM +1000, Ben Burton wrote:

> (Replying to d-devel as per m-f-t and d-qa as per request).
>
> Thanks for your work with the RFH tag; this is a great idea.
>
> One request though:  Could you please change the the tag description to
> use gender-neutral language?  Currently http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/
> has "he" and "his" scattered throughout.  Examples:

> > This is a 'Request For Help'. ... but he needs some help ...
> > because his time is limited ...

> I'd propose using "(s)he" and "his/her", or else using "they" and
> "their", depending on where your aesthetic tastes lie.

> (Similar comments apply throughout the WNPP overview page.)

Does Debian have a specific policy about this? 'cause I don't
think either (s)he or his/her type replacements are nearly as
aesthetic...

Also, try the text marked '*' at the bottom of this link:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/04/08/new_winnt_2k_xp_security/
for a justification to leave it as it is.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

"No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?"
-- Capt. Jack Sparrow, "Pirates of the Caribbean"

use, duplication and distribution.