Moin Thomas!
Thomas Bushnell, BSG schrieb am Sonntag, den 25. Juli 2004:

> > Yes, very reasonable. So (after asking the DPL and him rejecting) the
> > GR should be amended to "The Debian developers overturn the decision
> > of the DPL not to set a deadline for deciding the amd64 inclusion in
> > sid for ftp-master"?
>
> No.  Ask the DPL, and then make your future actions depend on what he
> says.  It is not helpful to decide that if you don't get you're way,
> you are sure to stamp your foot.

*cough* are you beeing serious? All the time in the last 10 days I have
not seen any concrete and constructive posting from our DPL. Maybe it is
just me but I do not see any word about _how_ he would solve the
_current_ problems. There is only random blah, blah around the
decissions that should be made but nothing about "future actions".

> You should allow the possibility that the DPL will convince you, and
> not make the enterprise of discussion a fruitless exercise.
>
> Stop the GR, and don't bring another one until it's ready.

The DPL should say how he plans to proceed. That is all. I do not have
time to read the same speculations again and again. There is no
constructive information coming either from the FTP master nor from the
DPL (only "shut up" or "hard decissions, only perfect volunteers are
capable which will appear just so"). Sorry, we cannot proceed on such
conditions, we need a clear way to go. And this GR is a real attempt to
define the direction.

If you do not agree, convince me. Or make the DPL convince me and
others. Currently, this discussion is nothing but vapor.

Regards,
Eduard.
--
 * Joey weiss nichts und kann nichts.
<Joey> Schreib Dir das endlich mal hinter die Ohren. :-)