Re: SPF - exim4 + debian.org

* Marc Haber (mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de) wrote:
> All this is established knowledge with all people who think that
> Debian-exim sucks. As nobody cared to take that policy step (except
> me, but nobody seemed to be interested as well), I guess that
> Debian-exim doesn't suck _that_ badly. If it did, somebody would have
> shown more interest in establishing account naming policy.

Uh, or maybe people *realize* we *don't* need an account naming policy,
or rather that the status-quo for them is reasonable and works just
fine?  You're inventing a problem here and pissing off a bunch of users,
developers, etc by trying to 'fix' it.  By playing this policy game
you're pretty much saying "force us, because we won't fix it on our
own".  Perhaps the best approach would be to just refer this to the tech
ctte.  Maybe they'd actually take into consideration the desires of our
users and other developers.

	Stephen