Re: General Resolution: Force AMD64 into Sarge

Alexander Schmehl wrote:

>Moin!
>
>* Adam Majer <adamm@galacticasoftware.com> [040723 10:31]:
>

>>1. Add Amd64
>>2. Switch to gcc-3.4
>>

>3. Solve problems with unfree doc/data/etc.

Right. I hope no one is too pedantic about it. This especially applies
to data like fonts, graphics and sounds. Sometimes "preferred" format
for these cannot be put into source without blowing it up by a factor of
10, or more. Furthermore, the "preferred" format might be completely
useless to anyone but upstream.

This is a *very ugly* can of worms we have opened up here. Putting back
'software' in the guidelines may be the best thing to do.

- Adam

--
Building your applications one byte at a time
http://www.galacticasoftware.com