Re: New Debian-based Company: Canonical Software

Because we don't yet have company email addresses, I'll do the full
disclosure thing of saying I've been hired as well. :)

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 08:45:51AM +0200, Sergio Talens-Oliag wrote:
> Can I ask you how do you plan to build your derived distribution?
> Have you looked at the Custom Debian Distributions ideas?

I've forwarded Matt's message to -custom and prefixed it with a
little bit of background into how folks involved with Canonical have
been interfacing with the CDD community so far.[1]

The short answer is: Yes. We've looked. Yes. We're interested in
collaborating. :)

> I'm asking that because I feel we need a common (standard) way to
> build Custom and Derived Distributions and I think all people
> involved in this kind of distributions can contribute with ideas and
> tools and I will love to see companies like yours getting involved
> in CDDs.

We're absolutely interested in both contributing work that we're doing
in customizing Debian and pulling from CDDs where we can. Canonical
and the CDD community's interests may (and probably won't) overlap
100% but I'm confident that there's a lot of space for a productive
relationship. :)

Regards,
Mako

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-custom/2004/07/msg00091.html