Re: Description of tasks

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> On ven, 2004-07-16 at 21:53 +0200, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
>> > It's my understanding that you aren't willing to provide the code for
>> > buildd.net so that the same functionality can be incorporated into
>> > buildd.d.o.  If that's the case then it's unfortunate but also shows
>> > that the problems are not just one-sided here.
>>
>> Why? I'm donating a service, not the scripts. I think you should be able
>> to see the difference, although you seem to kindly ignore the fact that
>> buildd.d.o already said it won't include the scripts.
>
> Releasing the code for buildd.net is a necessary stepfor its inclusion
> on buildd.d.o. If you don't do that, overreaction from the buildd admins
> is expected.

The rejection predates the closing by far.

If buildd.d.o wants the scripts we are willing to release them as is
before multibuild as a whole gets released. Otherwise only people
willing to help multibuild get to see them. I don't think that is
overly unfair.

> We're making free software. Keeping your scripts just because you don't
> like those who could run them is a proprietary world's view.

This might be childish but 'we didn't start it'. Sorry, had to say
that.

Ryan is keeping his buildd.debian.org scripts (which is a official
Debian resource and should be following the constitution and the SC,
right?). There is far more reason to blame him first. We are (and have
been) willing to release the scripts as free software for the right
purpose. He has not.

MfG
        Goswin