On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 01:07:08PM -0800, D. Starner wrote:
> David Weinehall writes:
>
> > "There's only three architectures sold in stores to the average person"
>
> How about sold in stores as computers?

That's a different thing, and not what the original statement, which I
commented on, said.

> > And if you really think that
> > Debian on ARM only has 4 users, think again...
>
> Popcon is of course a not terribly random sampling. I wouldn't be
> terribly surprised if there were less than 210 users of Debian on
> ARM, the current reporting number for AMD64.

I've never said that ARM has a bigger Debian user-base than AMD64 (hell,
how would I possibly know that?)  I just corrected an obviously
incorrect statement.  And as for popcon, I don't install it on low-end
systems, since I try to keep them free from non-essential things.
popcon might provide useful information to the Debian project, but on a
system where I have limited diskspace, limited memory, and limited
Internet connectivity, I'm saving the resources for other, more
essential things.  Of course I might be totally unique in this
matter, but I kind of have a feeling that I'm not =)

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //