Re: Stop the madness (Re: -= PROPOSAL =- Release sarge with amd64)

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 09:49:31AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> Only after yelling around the buildd situation for mips, mipsel and arm
> where clarified.
>
> On several occasions after yelling our DPL said he would look into the
> problem and resolved some of them.

So basically:

1. There was a lot of obnoxious complaining

2. The DPL decided to look into the problem

3. The DPL investigated and reported on the situation

And you are justifying #1 as a valid way to achieve #2?  Do you think that
Martin would not have investigated if someone had simply asked him,
politely?  Or perhaps someone _did_ ask him politely, and his action was not
provoked by #1 at all?

> There certainly is a history of cases where only through a tantrum a
> reaction was reached.

There is a history of tantrums, certainly, but I think that the causality
relationship with any positive outcome is weak.

--
 - mdz