* Steve Langasek (vorlon@debian.org) wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 03:32:15AM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > Also I think amd64 is compatible but not compliant to i386 and amd64
> > LSB. Meaning ia32 and amd64 LSB compliant programs will run on
> > pure64. But ia32 binaries (which you can't even build) or amd64
> > libraries from pure64 might not run on an ia32 compliant system
> > (library debs don't install into an lsb compliant palce on non
> > debian).
>
> Isn't the build-time specification of the linker path an important part
> of the LSB ABI?  Has amd64 really addressed this?

Uhm, yes, the linker path used for all of the binaries on pure64 is
exactly the same as that required by the LSB.  Do I need to say it
again?  It doesn't seem to stick for some reason.  The linker path we
use for all of pure64 is that of the amd64 LSB linker path requirement-
/lib64/ld-linux-x86_64.so or some such (but definitely under /lib64,
just the exact name I don't recall right off).

Is there something about this that makes it difficult for people to
understand?

	Stephen