Re: Description of tasks

> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 06:30:33PM +0200, Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 10:20:08AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>
>> > 	When the previous secretary went missing, I stepped in, read
>> >  the constitution, and wrote devotee. And coped. This is not rocket
>> >  science, people. Stop wanting to be spoon fed.
>
>> So, to make a conclusion:
>> - you are happy with Debian and how things work in Debian.
>> - you don't see any problems in Debian that needs to get solved.
>
> I rather read that as saying that people with your attitude are incapable
> of contributing to the solution of any of Debian's problems.

When m68k and mips/mipsel had big buildd troubles ij and I offered our
help. We learned the ropes, we did the work as far as we could with
the help of several DDs at our side. I even had a buildd completly
running on my side for month (as far as one can without james).

Still our offers have been turned down rudely or just ignored.

I hardly count compiling over a thousand packages for debian or
setting up a better interface into buildd status and operation
"wanting to be spoon fed". We learned the ropes, we steped in to help
and we were still shut down by the people we tried to help.

Not all is well. :(

MfG
        Goswin