Re: Stop the madness (Re: -= PROPOSAL =- Release sarge with amd64)

Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 08:13:52AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
>
>> * Matt Zimmerman (mdz@debian.org) wrote:
>> >
>> > They aren't expected to submit a proposal for anyone's review or
>> > approval.  Neither is anyone else expected to do so for their own Debian
>> > responsibilities.
>>
>> When asked about it, I do tend to respond and let people know what needs
>> to be done wrt my Debian responsibilities.  Occationally I get offers for
>> help and either accept them or explain why it wouldn't be benefitial.  If
>> the reason it wouldn't be benefitial is lack of knowledge in a particular
>> area I'll usually let them know where they can go to learn more so that
>> perhaps next time they'll be able to help.
>
> Sure, I've been in the same situation.  However, I wouldn't be the least bit
> surprised that you would decline to do so if the questions and offers came
> from people who had been extremely public about what a jerk they thought you
> were.  I certainly wouldn't be so inclined.

In a public position such a behaviour is less acceptable than in
private. And didn't James himself claim that that didn't sway his
acting on the amd64 matter? So his not communicating has nothing do
with who asked the question? So by his admissions its a general trend?

Just wondering.
        Goswin