Re: a forth release?

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> schrieb:

>   - the package did not have any new bugs filed against it in the
>     past month. this does not apply to security updates.

That will only happen if one artificially prevents new uploads from
entering testing, and the package has extremely long upstream release
cycles (meaning that the testing version is years old, tested,
fool-proof), or if it's very small. For example, tetex-{base,bin,extra}
will for sure never enter this distribution, and I guess the same holds
for xfree, MTAs, Emacsen, KDE/Gnome, etc.

Furthermore, it would be very hard to tell whether a newly filed bug for
sure does *not* apply to the version in testing.

> If we put together a list of packages that must not be missing from
> any official release and handle these individually, either by
> prioritising their rc bug fixing, or by making exceptions for them to
> enter candidate

Happy flaming, then. For sure teTeX is one of the most important
packages, just to make sure this doesn't get overlooked.

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie