Re: fingerprint of the archive signing key

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 03:32:30AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> > The "Official CAs" are so insecure they are a joke.
>
> I am not claiming that they provide ultimate solutions, nor am
> I claiming this to be a flawless approach. Security is about making it
> difficult, and SSL just adds another layer.

That's a completely arse-backwards approach to security. All that
accomplishes is to make sure that the people who break your system
know what they're doing. That just makes things worse. You're
confusing security and cryptography.

<snip the advertising>

There's no such thing as a trustworthy company.

> Or should Debian just continue to be second-grade when it comes to
> security.

False dilemma.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |