Re: What your ballot should look like if you're in favor of releasing sarge

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:19:23 +0200, Josip Rodin <joy@srce.hr> said:

>> > Uh, no, how many times and how many people will have to say that
>> > the title and description were suboptimal (to put it mildly)
>> > before you are convinced that the ballot didn't actually match
>> > what many voters thought?
>>
>> And how many times do people have to tell you that people too lazy
>> or apathetic to read emails sent to them thrice should not be
>> expected to have a say in the decisions that are made? No matter
>> how suboptimal the subject was, the full text of the GR was
>> delivered to you thrice. It was all there on the debian web site.

> I very well read the full text, but I couldn't find anything wrong
> with it.

	Nor did I. I had killfiled a critical thread on a discussion
 about the _previous_GR, so I missed aj's remark that the DFSG was
 not being applied to all software.

> A post res interpretation of it was where it all went wrong, but
> nobody told us that we should be voting with that in mind.

	As the person selecting the "deceptive" and "misleading"
 title of the GR, I could not have told you what I did not myself know.

> It's perfectly fine to expect that voters acquaint themselves with
> the content of a vote and its consequences, but you can't blame them
> for not knowing consequences that nobody ever even mentioned to
> them, not even tangentially.

	It was indeed mentioned tangentially. But before you go
 accusing people of titling votes deceptively and perhaps sneaking it
 in under the radar, you should be sure that that was indeed their
 motivation.

	manoj
--
One man tells a falsehood, a hundred repeat it as true.