Re: What your ballot should look like if you're in favor of releasing sarge

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 00:24:25 +0200, Marek Habersack <grendel@debian.org> said:

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 04:38:34PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava
> scribbled: [snip]

>> I am not offending any non-lazy-assed-non-whiners out there. Or
>> can't you read?
> You are generalizing. That's offending potentially everyone. Is like

	Umm, no. A) the parameters of my rant a quite specific; it
 may not be limited to an individual, but it is a far cry from
 "offending everyone".

> you stood in front of a crowd and said "Hey, you lazy whiners,
> fuckers, yes you, you know who you are" - it would be perceived as
> offence by many people not included in the named group (and rightly
> so).

	Only by people with a poor grasp of logic.

>> I don't really give a shit about how nice I am to people who start
>> off by insulting me, no.
> It's not about being nice or not. You can just fine communicate
> using foul language as quoting Shakespeare or Talmud. It's about the
> attitude you present regarding your (willing or unwilling)
> listeners.

	You don't like my tone. I don't like yours. I do not like
 people who tell me I "mislead" them when they failed to read the
 ballots sent to them. Get over it.

	manoj
--
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask
remains a fool forever.  Old Chinese saying