Re: Status of Gnome in Debian testing/unstable

On Thursday 24 June 2004 14:41, benjim@blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
> [...]

I have those packages updated and didn't see any horrible breaks yet.

> I've been using the di to install a fresh testing/unstable build, but
> haven't been able to install Gnome on a clean system for a few days, either
> 2.4 or 2.6. I did manage to get a broken 2.6 installed. Guess it's part of
> the 2.6 transition.

You might try to find out installable and working grome packages here.
Keep adding dated lines to sources.list like that sample one:

deb http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2004/03/19/debian unstable \
main contrib non-free

(this is snapshot of unstable for 19 March 2004) ... untill you're happy with
the output of 'apt-get install gnome -s'

> Any place I can look for updates / progress?

I guess you should start from:
http://pkg-gnome.alioth.debian.org/

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB  2003-03-18  <keyserver.bu.edu ; pgp.mit.edu>
fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB